Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Valleys and Mountain Peaks

I have learned more from my valleys I ever did from my mountain peaks.

I have learned that I can do a lot of things that I never thought I could do, as long as I'm not trying to do them apart from Christ.

I am learning the art of perseverance, and that it can't exist apart from faith and trust in God.

I am learning that more is accomplished in prayer than by any other means.

I am learning that I don't need the answers to all of life's questions ahead of time.

I am learning that my life and my spiritual journey affects other people's lives and spiritual journeys, and theirs, mine.  Some of the most profound moments in my faith life have come from people who will never know their impact.

I have learned that just because I can't see what's going on doesn't mean nothing is going on.

And most of all, I am learning to thank God in all things, *especially* in the valleys.  The deeper the valley, the more imperative it is to be thankful.  And the most important thing to be grateful for is God Himself, who will carry us through our trouble, and richly bless us on the other side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment