Wednesday, March 2, 2011

All Who Are Tired

Matthew 11:25-30

“Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest.  For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.”

That sounds good – to rest and let someone else carry the load.  And I think there are fewer heavy loads than trying to control people and things that are out of our control. 

Some of us have a “bent” in that direction, but despite that, there are some jobs we simply were not created for, and attempting to do them for any length of time results in exhaustion, frustration, anger and anxiety – more burdens we pick up, throw into our bags, and continue to drag along.

Instead, we have another option – we can turn it over to a God who knows all about it, has a handle on it, and can walk us through it every step of the way – and we can rest, assured that Someone more qualified is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment