Saturday, September 21, 2024

God is Good - All the Time

So many times I have seen Facebook prayer requests that have ended well, and replies are often "God is good."  So, does that mean when healing doesn't happen that God is somehow NOT good?

It is certainly hard to understand why the healing didn't happen, why the job you so desperately needed never materialized, when the relationship you have built your life on ends.  We can do everything in our power to fix things and still come up short.  We can ask ourselves "why" a million times and still struggle with the lack of an answer.

Certainly, God is in perfect control of every event that touches us.  Sometimes terrible things happen and we don't know why.  Sometimes there is just no explanation good enough to put any salve on the wound whatsoever.  

Our prayers are usually for direct results.  But the fruit is so often in the journey.  It's been on the dark paths that I've learned a great deal about myself, where I'm at in my faith journey and my relationship to Jesus Christ.  I've learned that He really will never leave my side, and He will give me what I need to walk that path.  And He always, always has a purpose, even if I can't see it.  

But most importantly, God will use that experience, if we allow it, to conform us into the likeness of Christ, little by little, and to grow our faith as we see that with each struggle, He is faithful.

Yes, God is good - All the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment